ZINE REVIEW: Fix Your Clothes by Raleigh Briggs
Another cool how to zine by Raleigh Briggs, this time all about caring for your clothes. Even as a fairly proficient sewist who does a bit of dressmaking, I learned a few things and this is a really handy guide to have around, whatever your sewing skills (or lack of).
It covers all the basics from what supplies you should have around and all the different stitches and their uses, complete with nice illustrations. After that you get more advanced and specific instructions on how to do everything from patch a hole to fix a zip, or even waterproof your trousers!
This is pretty much a great gift for anyone who’s into sustainability and learning new tricks. It’s all very friendly and approachable with both quick fixes and more skilled mending. It’s also a cool read and fun to look at.
$5 from BuyOlympia, Microcosm and many other sites.
(photos by BuyOympia)
- itchesandtugs likes this
- seam-and-destroy reblogged this from pushpinzines
- drunkandinchargeofabicycle likes this
- jamesalexander reblogged this from kelpiescout
- tigerpiscesandb likes this
- teacupsandtaxidermy reblogged this from textilenerd
- briandanielwolf likes this
- Show more notes